Week in Monte Castello di Vibio
We invite individuals, couples or small groups to indulge in a relaxing week long retreat at your own pace, guided by own knowledgeable staff at the International Center for the Arts and Studio School. For those who are planning a visit to Italy, a week in the Umbrian hill town of Monte Castello di Vibio can be a welcome relief from the frantic pace of cities like Rome and Florence. A sense of well-being pervades garden like Monte Castello, and gives one genuine insights and experiences into life in Umbria that are not possible on the tourist track. If you have visited Italy before and would like to dig a little deeper into the traditional Italian culture of a small town, or would like to begin your visit to Italy in a place that is off the beaten path, this is the perfect choice for you.
Our little village allows you to appreciate the bella vita (beautiful life) at your leisure. Take a day and simply walk along a winding lane through the hills, among fields of sunflowers, acres of vineyards, and ancient trees. Decide to take a bottle of wine and local cheese to the river. Take in a night of dancing at the local bar among what is perhaps the highest per capita percentage of fabulous ballroom dancers in the world! Go to neighboring Todi by community bus or your rental car for shopping, swimming or sightseeing. With art exhibitions, concerts, wonderful restaurants and wine tasting the lifestyle of this tiny town is surprisingly sophisticated, yet tranquil and timeless.
We will accommodate your stay in a restored hill town home, in a converted twelfth century convent, or at a private luxury villa il Bel Paese.(for groups) in the countryside just outside of town. Typical Umbrian meals are prepared on site from fresh ingredients, with day trips to nearby cultural site as scheduled for each particular week in the Studio School Calendar rounding out your stay. Alternately, we can help you arrange day excursions off the beaten path through our driver Carlo (extra fees apply) See our Custom Itinerary page for further details.
Our week long stay includes
- Double occupancy accommodation in apartments or single rooms with shared bath. Private accommodations on a space available basis are available for an additional fee.
- Three home cooked traditional Umbrian meals per day except for trip days, when breakfast is the only meal provided.
- One day trip per week by bus (see Calendar)
- Airport Transfer on arrival at and departure from Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport (FCO) only included during regularly scheduled Studio School timeframes as described in our calendar. We can help you arrange transfers from the airport at other times or arrange a driver for an additional fee. Email us for details, advance reservations required.
- Access to workshops and classes for an additional fee on a space available basis.
Please see our Custom Itineraries page regarding additional options for your stay and email us for details.